Thursday, August 23, 2007

So last night I was flipping channels and found something that I could not believe. ABC News was doing a special called "The Outsiders" and boy were they!! One of the guests were brother and sister and were planning on getting married... what?!! Anyways, the story that really caught my eye was Jesus of Suburbia. Jose de Jesus claims to be the second coming of Christ. He and his followers get "666" tattooed on their arms, smoke, drink, visit bars regularly and don't pray. They do not believe in sin, hell, the devil or damnation of anykind.

Jose de Jesus goes on to say...
"Before the presence of God, there's no more sin," he says. And with no sin, de Jesus teaches his followers, there's no devil and no need for prayer, because after Jesus of Nazareth died and was resurrected, one can literally do no wrong in God's eyes. And de Jesus practices what he preaches: He loves women and has been married twice. He smokes cigarettes and while enjoying a glass of scotch, he says, "Jesus drank wine because he didn't have Dewar's. Jesus never got drunk and I never get drunk. I enjoy life. I enjoy everything that I do."

Ok, I am the first to say that I do not think having a drink or two is a bad thing. I enjoy a nice glass of wine every once and even a margarita every now and then... but come on! This guy is leading these poor people down a horrible path of destruction. On one side I am thinking, How in the heck are they believing this guy? My other side is, WOW this world is sooo screwed up!

There are so many passages in the Bible about false prophets...

Jeremiah 14:14 - Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds."

Matthew 24:4 - Jesus said to them, "Be careful that no one leads you the wrong way. 5 Many people will come using My name. They will say, 'I am Christ.' They will fool many people and will turn them to the wrong way.

Yes this is a cult! I found a really cool website that sums it up for me. So here ya go...

Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda – Deceiver or Deliverer
Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda is not Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Christ means “anointed one” -- consecrated, set apart as holy.
Unlike Miranda, Jesus Christ knew the purpose of His incarnation (Colossians 1:19-22).
Christ humbly acknowledged God the Father as greater than Himself (John 5:19; 14:28).
Jesus Christ fervently believed in praying -- especially for others (John 17) and in obedience to God the Father (Hebrews 5:7-8).
Jesus Christ is the exact representation of the Eternal God, yet chose to lay down His divine nature as a human sacrifice, dying for our sins (Hebrews 1:3; 2:14-15).
Jesus taught with the goal of honoring God (John 7:16-18).
The Bible warns extensively of false teachers, those who practice deception (Matthew 24:4-5, Colossians 2:8, 1 Timothy 4:1-2, 2 Timothy 4:3-4, 2 Peter 2:1-3).
The Scriptures also tell of Jesus Christ’s Second Coming to reunite all believers eternally with God (Matthew 16:27, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18, Revelation 1:7-8).
Do not be deceived. Jesus Christ’s divine nature is unchanging. “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas” (Hebrews 13:8-9).

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow that is scary! The sad thing is that this guy actually believes himself! Yay for your and finding the verses to back it up! Great post!